Thursday 3 May 2007

Pesuvom- Vulgarities

Now i just proof-read some of my posts.. And trust me, even i find it lengthy.. I sometimes wish, that i could be able to write concisely, yet recreate the sharp wit possessed by other bloggers like Praba or Ah_Neh of the KLKillahs fame.. But that doesnt mean that i dun have issues about Ah_Neh's blogs.. My issues with his writings, will be extensively covered, but not yet.. Till then, i will try to cut short wad im saying ok.. But sumtimes ppl, just sumtimes.. Short may not necessarily be sweet.. *gives a cheeky wink*

Ok another issue that had me flabbergasted yesterday would have to do with the issues with vulgarities, expletives or wadever u might call them.. The host, (i forgot her name la..) asked a very simple question.. Wad will you do if a small kid accesses ur blog and comes face to face with all the vulgarities.. The "control-blog" camp immediately pounced on it and used it to attack their counterparts.. The YPS girl and the 'tall-girl' started saying things like how vulgarities are a bad influence and other such stuff.. i wasnt really paying much attention.. Ok cmon, are u really telling me that u dun speak vulgarities?? Even if u dun, are u telling me that u go to every single expletive-spewing fren of urs and ask them to wash his/her mouth with dettol.. If u are, then my apologies.. But honestly i dun think soo.. So why was it an issue enough to appear in my blog.. Well the response given of course..

First, praba went on to say that it is his online diary and he has the prerogative to write wad he wants.. Aarthi backed him up on tt one.. Hmm fair enough.. No arguments.. Then sum1 else said, that they need to express their true feelings with expletives.. Hmm.. Flimsy argument, but ill accept it.. But the 3rd one had to take the cake la.. and from who else but our dear Ms Controversial.. she said sumthg tht was soo obviously flawed( u see i dun really have to use degrading words like stupid) that i nearly choked on the menthos that i was chewing on.. this is wad transpired..

Host/or sum1 else.. I cant rmbr who la: "so u r ok if a small child reads all tt expletives in ur blogs"
Ms Controversial: "Oh what r u toking.. Nowadays, i walk on the roads and see small kids spewing vulgarities like water.. It is no big deal that im using it, they are exposed to it anyway.."


Now ppl.. Im - - <== this close to spewing out vulgarities of my own in response to her statement.. Has she ever wondered why kids nowadays are using vulgarities at such a young age.. Is it because they were thought and tutored by some angel before they were sent to earth.. No u morons.. Its because elder cousins like U and even PPL LIKE ME, elder siblings like U and even PPL LIKE ME, uncles/aunties like U and even PPL LIKE ME and total strangers who walk beside them like U andPPL LIKE ME are using it with such unrestraint.. We ppl punctuate every sentence of urs with some profanity and thus they are exposed to it.. No doubt they have vulgarities in movies, but it will not mask the fact that U and even PPL LIKE ME are the real reason why kids are spewing four-letter words like nursery rhymes.. They are trained to think that it is mandatory for an adult to speak vulgarity, and in their earnest child-like enthusiasm to grow up, they are NEGATIVELY INFLUENCED by UR/MY/OUR BAD EXAMPLES..

So now, what would my opinion cum solution be.. listen mates, i agree it is ur online diary, but if it is so,, Restrict the access to only ur frens.. Im sure there are functions, (tht i dun know how to use as of yet), to make it a private blog.. That way, u can even create a post filled with all the vulgarity u know in the world.. And no one will say anything.. But if u claim to be a writer of a community blog, a social blog, a blog that u want ppl to read, (and im sure KLKillahs is a community blog.. it was said there somewhere..) u have no right to expose the innocent kids to all ur un-innocent expletives.. (BTW i do practise what i preach.. U wont be able to find a single vulgarity anywhere in my blog.. The closest to that is shit..And its not bcos i dun use them.. i do.. But i made a conscientious effort not to.. Cos i take pride in my posts.. Its as simple as that..

And trust me the argument that u can always close the blog doesnt apply.. If it does, i can always run ard and flash myself in front of all the girls and the guys out there, and simply claim tht "U can always close ur eyes.." Get ma point?? Common logic, does not override social responsibilty.. That's wad the host said too.. And that would be my humble point too.. As a blogger, u have a social responsibility.. Uphold it.. And stop disgracing the name of bloggers.. In case u r wondering, of course im offended.. And that will explain the angsty nature of my blog thus far..

Dun worry ppl, once i'v made all my personal raging thoughts, viewable online, i will come up with stuff relatin to social problems.. And like i said in my first post.. Im dedicated to Alternative Views.. If any of my loyal reader, (if there are any1 of u) feels that im drifiting of the mark, just post a comment and let me know.. i wont be defensive, though i might explain my stand.. And trust me, ur comments will be well appreciated.. Ok ppl, i have been writing non-stop and editing my posts for spelling errors, (yes i do tht.. i have very bad typign skills), for the last 2 hours.. Its time i took a break and did my work.. For those of u wanting to know abt me, and wad i do.. I have this to say.. There is a reason, why im not telling u anything abt myself.. When the time comes, i will reveal everything myself.. Meanwhile, my mysterious nature suits me just fine..

So yet again, i say my goodbye.. And when u hear this phrase, all u "puritan wannabes" should think twice or even thrice before shooting that mouth, or rather fingers of urs..


Haiya! KelingKia!!

No comments: