Wednesday 2 May 2007

The Dawn Of A New Era

Hi there to one and all.. Im very new to this blogosphere.. A definite amateur, a likely-to-be-ridiculed greenhorn.. But i can say with much pride, that im a person who has been inspired.. I have been inspired to write; Inspired to blog.. Now im pretty sure, that there are many of u out there, who might find my URL kinda provocative.. Im sure there should be some quarters out there, trying to figure out who i am, and what my motives are.. Fret not.. U need not waste precious ounces of ur highly volatile brain juices, trying to second guess my agenda.. I will list everything out myself.. And in doing so, i shall announce my arrival into the world of blogging: 'The new era of social engineering'

I am one of those self-professed Friendster-surfing junkies, that those good people at KLKillahs regularly parody.. And in one of my very own Friendster-SAFARIing moments i came across Mr Praba's profile.. And subsequently, i viewed his blog, and from there i was redirected to the KLKillahs' blog and oh my, wad a pandora's box i had opened.. I was soo absorbed reading the posts that i just couldnt stop.. The posts were so amazingly funny, interesting and thought-provoking.. But that is where the problem started.. The posts were thought-provoking.. Try as might, i just couldnt accept a number of things that were being said there.. I wanted to go and post a comment, but i have just too many things to say, and it would be inappropriate stealing their 'thunder' at their own blog. So here i am..

I would be a liar, if i said that im not looking for publicity, or that i wouldnt be interested in the attention that comes with maintaining such a blog.. Dun worry peeps im not a hypocrite.. But i have more important motives for starting up with this venture, single-handedly.. Firstly, Regulation.. Im not the grand-nephew of the director the Censorship board or whatever u call such a person.. But i believe that content should be regulated.. Despite the overwhelming calls for freedom of speech, it is just simply unacceptable (to me), that someone or rather (some single-minded group) should possess the power to post whatever thoughts that come to their head, without fear of criticism.. Now im not saying that the creative ones at KLK do not face criticism.. Im sure they do, but they now need to know that the ante has been upped.. They will no longer be allowed to dwell in their comfort zones and blast anyone and everyone they fancy.. Do not get me wrong again.. Im not professing to be the guardian, of all the Indians in our society.. (And seriously, i believe that some of them deserve to get ridiculed).. But what i am here to do, is to provide an alternative view.. After all the benchmark of a developed society, is one that has differing views coexisting without engulfing one another in their virulent flames of vile..

Before i end my very first post, i wish to state a few things.. Sort of parameters.. My english is not very the powderful like those learned ones at KLK.. Haiz, the education system was unable to uplift me i suppose.. So any comment at my atrocious usage of the language will be promptly ignored as SPAM.. (hey pls la ppl, what is a blog without some simplified modifications of our favourite language..) 2ndly, i'm not on a crusade to rail against those daring souls at KLK.. In fact i have respect aplenty for some of their writers, namely Praba and DeviousDiv.. Praba has an inimitable manner of infusing wit, charm and humour to his posts that will easily endear him to his readers.. DeviousDiv would by far be the most objective writer of them all.. She has a very systematic approach to her writing, and can easily be a rolemodel to many bloggers in Singapore.. The passion she has for writing has definitely not escaped my discerning eyes.. LAstly, i would like all my prospective readers to know that this blog is dedicated to Alternative thoughts, and thought processes.. It is to give a voice to the many of u out there, whose meekness can easily be overshadowed by those who think they possess superior linguistic capability.. It is a tribute to show, that no one can claim to be the puritanical judge of society.. Simply becos, no one is puritan enough..

With enough said, i would welcome all comments to improve the layout of my blog.. Im not very well-versed with all this computer stuff.. "Technology has improved very much ya!" Comments on how to improve my writing would be appreciated too.. However, if there is anyone of you out there, who wishes to get into a personal duel, trust me this is not the place.. Simply because, the chances are i know more abt u than u would abt me.. And i have less to hide than you..

Ok.. i would like to end it with a tag of my own..

"Ithu reela, Realanu Makkal Mudivu Seyyattum!!"======> Ithu eppadi??


Haiya! Kelingkia!!

No comments: